Mahershala Ali Says He’s No Longer Starring as Blade.
Mahershala Ali says he’s no longer starring as Blade:
I’ve been doing this professionally for pushing 30 years now, and one thing I’ve learned is that what is for you is for you and what is not is not,” Ali said in the new interview. “For whatever reason, that project is not for me. If they wanted to do it, we would’ve done it. So I have to move on … Again, you had me under contract, they have billions of dollars, if they wanted to do the movie, we would’ve done the movie. So we’re not doing the movie … But I feel ready to move on from the Blade questions. Those questions are for them. They didn’t want to do it, so they should answer that question.” (via: GQ Magazine)
Wasted Mahershala Ali’s time for nothing.
Kind of crazy that they couldn’t figure out how to make a Blade movie when so much source material exists. I’d be Salty too. Imagine thinking you’ll get to join the MCU as one of Marvel’s most beloved characters, and years and years go by and it keeps getting delayed and then it just gets cancelled. As a fan of the MCU, I’m salty we’re never going to see him play Blade in his own movie.
Marvel announced this movie all the way back at SDCC 2019 with Mahershala Ali. They originally hired Bassam Tariq to direct, but he walked away in 2022 due to creative differences—literally just two months before cameras were supposed to roll.
