No Barbie 2 Plans for Greta Gerwig

Entertainment/Movies: American actress and film director Greta Gerwig says she’s not sure what ‘BARBIE 2’ would even look like.

“Why can't it be another big, original, bold idea where we get an amazing filmmaker, a big budget to play with, and the trust of a huge conglomerate behind them to go and really play? I want to do that.”.

Yes. There wouldn't be an 'Oppenheimer 2' to make a Barbenheimer summer again. Let the original be. It created an iconic pop culture moment with Oppenheimer and doesn't need a follow-up.


Filmmakers should stop milking successful movies into sequels. Why can’t we just have good solo films? Lol, not everything needs a sequel. I don’t know that I’d be interested in another Barbie movie. I would be interested, though, in another Margot Robbie movie.

Pretty sure everyone is sick of so many sequels and remakes of every big movie. More original ideas would be nice. I'm not a big Barbie fan at all, but don't take this as biased.

This movie was such a big cultural event, I just think it stands better alone like that. Do not franchise this film.
Next Post Previous Post